Spend your skiing holiday at Tirol Lodge in Ellmau, with the fantastic Skiwelt Wilder Kaiser Brixental region directly at your door. Enjoy the guaranteed advantage of ski-in ski-out at Tirol Lodge. Strap on your skis or snowboard and simply glide a few metres to the Hartkaiser cable car lift station. The end of the day is just as easy, with the piste ending right by the hotel. Lodge – cable car – piste – lodge. That’s how easy it can be on your skiing holiday in Ellmau!
Is ski-in ski-out just right for you? Then send your request right now!
An overview of the Wilder Kaiser ski region
Holiday in Ellmau and discover one of largest ski regions in Austria! If you are not such a fan of alpine skiing or snowboarding, you’ll still be enthused by the great range of other winter sports facilities including cross-country trails, floodlit toboggan runs and ski touring. Check out what the Skiwelt Wilder Kaiser Brixental and its winter sports villages of Ellmau, Going, Brixen im Thale, Hopfgarten, Itter Kelchsau, Scheffau, Söll and Westendorf offer:
- 284 kilometres of well-prepared pistes suitable for beginner, intermediate and advanced skiers. 121 kilometres of easy slopes (blue), 127 kilometres of intermediate slopes (red) and 10 kilometre of difficult slopes (black) plus 26 kilometres of ski-routes
- 90 modern lifts: 16 gondolas, 19 cable cars, 16 chairlifts, 19 draglifts and 20 beginners’ lifts
- 81 cosy, family-run ski-huts with sun terraces, with the possibility for a refreshment stop every ca. 3.3 kilometres
- More than 1,700 snow cannons ensuring coverage, even when the Snow Queen goes on holiday
- Panoramic views of more than 700 peaks reaching above 3000 metres
- 3 funparks – Intersport Kaiserpark Ellmau, Crazy Kangaroo Park in Söll, Boarders playground and mini playground in Westendorf
- Adventure routes throughout the Wilder Kaiser Brixental Ski Region including racecourses, ski movie routes and slalom courses
- Austria’s largest floodlit ski region with 11 kilometres of floodlit slopes in Söll and more in Westendorf and Brixen im Thale
- Floodlit toboggan runs including a 4.5 kilometre run on the Astberg in Going, open daily until midnight
- Ski schools and ski rental
- Free ski-bus service with a valid lift pass operating around the entire Skiwelt region
- 196 kilometres of prepared classic and skating cross-country trails, including the scenic Höhenloipe in Hochbrixen and floodlit trails in Scheffau
- ALPENIGLU®Dorf Hochbrixen with its 18 igloos, ice sculptures, fondues and drinks (open from the beginning of January)
Ski schools and tuition in Ellmau
The good news is that it’s never too late to learn to ski, snowboard or cross-country. It’s best to book tuition though, so you can quickly learn how to do it right. Young or old, beginner or experienced, the Ellmau ski schools, and indeed all ski schools in the Skiwelt Wilder Kaiser Brixental Region have the perfect winter sports course for you. The Ellmau Ski School is located next to the Tirol Lodge; it is also at the Hartkaiser cable car mountain station. Your little ski fleas will be well-cared for at Bobo’s Children’s Club, or they may discover Ellmi’s Winter World with Mum and Dad. Book your skiing and winter sport tuition along with your equipment hire here online!
Après Ski in the Wilder Kaiser Region
After the last run home, it’s time to hit the ‘piste’! One of the hippest party-spots in Ellmau is right next to Tirol Lodge, from where the road home is very short! If you prefer something a little cosier, enjoy a relaxing evening in the Lodge’s own ‘Lieblingsplatzl’. Whether traditional pub atmosphere, disco-fever or alpine hut fun, you’ll find it all in Ellmau. Get the best tips of where it is happening from the Tirol Lodge reception!
A skiing holiday in Ellmau with direct access to the Skiwelt Wilder Kaiser Brixental. You’ve never been so close to all the fun!
Why not send us your obligation-free holiday request right now!